Monday, May 01, 2006

Bad. Bad. Bad.

I keep getting comments on my other blog and on this one about where I am and how I'm doing. The truth is, the recent life upheavel I've gone through has not been good for the dieting part of my life, but great for my mental state.

In the last two months, I have quit the job I hated and started the job I love. It is a miracle in that small changes can change your entire outlook. I was completely lost in why I was so miserable. Was it my weight? Not having a boyfriend? Living at home? Money? Lack of control over my life? Or was it my job? I kept trying to change the things in my life. I started losing weight, but that didn't make me deliriously happy. I tried dating, granted they weren't the best apples in the bushel, but I was trying and that left me with a Baby's Daddy's Girlfriend yelling at me (check out the Single in the City blog for more), I couldn't change living at home and being gone left me feeling like a bad cat mommy and led to more arguments about my place not being clean. Then, I quit my agency job.

I started working my new job and found that the cards started laying in place. I love my job and that's affected EVERYTHING. I like where I work, there is income potential more so then at the last place, I get paid to network which means I go out and meet decent people, because I am happy I don't feel miserable in my place. The bad part is happy glee has led to less of a focus on calorie intake and networking has led to consuming more coffee and drinks. Not working the old job means I don't have a free gym membership - so at this point I don't know how much I weigh, I just know it's more than two months ago.

Now that everything else is in order, it's time to start concentrating on me again. This blog will become active once more in my quest to conqueor my belly.

No comments: