Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Worst cashier. Ever.

Not feeling too hot since I'm working out and watching my food/calories/etc and not losing, but gaining weight. This morning I over slept (see my regular blog for details - no, did not get any) and only worked out for 15 minutes. Then it was a co-workers birthday and feeling crappy about the weight gain I indulged - too much. My calorie intake today was easily around 3,000.

The good news is that I resisted the need to eat pizza at my networking event, but I did down a Mountain Dew - my 5th (yes 5TH!) soda of the day. I ducked out at 8:00 and headed to the gas station to get smokes.

I arrived at a very ghetto-like gas station, bullet proof glass and all. I walked up to the window and asked for my regular smokes and handed my credit card over.

He asked if I was really that person, I said it was - according to my ID and handed over my card. He informed me I was bigger than the picture. Heavier. Fatter. Did he really need to clarify all three adjectives to me? Shit. Bigger means all those things.

I was driving home, ready to cry. Nothing seems to be working. Everyone keeps saying, "It'll take time" I've been busting my butt for a month and gained 20 lbs. I thought about stopping for a drink, but the words kept echoing in my mind. I decided to go to the gym.

I pounded out an additional 55 minutes or 25 km/miles. How do you know which one the bike is registering at? I assumed KM and not miles which is about 15 miles. Then I went home.

I'm fed up. There is nothing to do but work out like crazy so starting tomorrow I'm back on routine. And no more soda. We'll see, won't we?

No comments: